- Dave’s continued on the ground coverage of the events going on in Ouagadougou. See here, here, and here.
- And on the other side, why don’t African’ts protest more?
- AidWatch’s post on the controversy surrounding sending those pre-printed Super Bowl Championship shirts of the losing team to Africa. A roundup of tweets on the subject by Shotgun Shack here.
- How real time crisis maps (and the volunteers making them from thousands of miles away) are changing humanitarian relief.
- This paper, that finds, “…a strong relationship between the extent of civil conflict in a player’s home country and his propensity to behave violently on the soccer field.” Via Chris Blattman.
- Peace Corps Senegal volunteers recognized for their help in malaria prevention.
- Stuff Ex-Pats Like, nails it with this one, especially considering my grand travel plans post Peace Corps.