- Remember The Bah Bah Bah Song? It took home video of the week honors over at ThirdGoal.org.
- NYT reports on US involvement in setting up “shadow” internet and cell networks. We’ve experienced similar outages here during protests.
- How to reduce default on microfinance loans? Follow-up more often. Borrowers that met weekly with their lenders were three and a half times less likely to default on their loan than those who met monthly. My colleague and I are planning on doing just that with our borrowers here.
- Nicholas Kristof: If we want to get more kids in school around the world, what could make more sense than building schools? How about deworming kids and doing more randomized controlled trials to see what really works.
- Groupon just announced it’s IPO. My favorite part? “After selling out on our original mission of saving the world to start hawking coupons, in order to live with ourselves, we vowed to make Groupon a service that people love using.”
- International workers love to talk about poop.
- Development career advice from whydev.org
- Check out this virtual SLR simulator and see what you can do with all of those manual settings on your camera.