Two-thirds of the way through the Tour de Faso, 25 PCVs arrived in Fada N’gourma, the capital of Burkina’s eastern region. Many rode their bikes from over 130km from Bilanga (a longer distance than expected as a washed-out road caused an unexpected detour). Others arrived fresh – planning, like me, on joining up to do the last week of the tour. With so many people in town, we seized the opportunity to have a small fair in downtown Fada. Joey and Luis organized quite a large event in the town square where activities included making soap and anti-mosquito cream, talks on nutrition, and local actors performing skits about female excision and domestic violence. We even had a small market of artisan goods and specialty food products. Other tables were set up as an expo where a few other NGOs and associations gave information about their organizations.
- Who Is Andrew Gautreaux?
- What You Need To Know About Online Reputation Management
- Five Things Investors Should Understand Before Buying And Selling Mutual Funds
- Shelly Sun’s Home Health Care Franchise
- Become A Savvy Investor With Real Estate Investing Podcasts
- Investing in Chocolate Diamonds
- How to be Successful in Real Estate?
- BrightStar Care – One Of The Best Franchising Businesses in America
- What to Keep in Mind When Choosing a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Scheduling Institute: Offering Effective Marketing Solutions
Time in Burkina
The opinions on this blog are only those of the author, and and do not reflect any position of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.